Sunday, October 01, 2006
















Today was Tampere day so the shops were open. Stella was playing at Stockmann and I wanted to go see because they have some nice songs. I like the lady's voice, very interesting. Also it was a nice set, they were good live.

Then Sam 'n' me met up with Tom and we went to have lunch at New York. New York is a fairly new restaurant in Tampere and I've been wanting to go for quite some time. Sam had a De Lux Burger 12,90e which was pretty good looking, my brother had a large New York Garlic Steak 19,50e and I had the Harlem Suffle 20,50e.

My brother enjoyed his steak, although he did have some food envy towards Sam's burger. The dips that I got with my portion were especially good. I've never really had pesto, but damn the pesto sauce was good! The hot wings were really spicy, even for me. The grilled chicken breast was good especially when dipped into the pesto sauce. The spring rolls and the shrimp torpedos had the same sort of problem, too much batter so the taste of the good stuff was hidden.

For drinks we had a bottle of champagne 9,90e (originally around 25e), my brother also had a White Russian (around 5-6e) and I had a Tropical Mango Margarita 5,52e.

Verdict: Really fun atmosphere and nice decor. I think we scared the waitresses but oh well. The food was good and there is something on the list for every price range (snacks go for 2e). The drinks were good but kind of expensive, especially the cocktails.

No comments: