Tuesday, September 26, 2006

(13.09.2006)
My parents were in town so it was absolutely nessecary for them to take my brother and me to a restaurant. We'd planned to go to Maruseki but unfortunately they clossed early (18.00) so we had to opt for something else. A while a go me and my mum checked this Spanish restaurant out called Bodega Salud (another one of Tampere's legends) and I fell in love with the complimentary salad buffet.

I love ribs. I love the intimacy you get while eating ribs. Ribs force you to engage with your food. Ribs demand to be eaten with your hands. So, who cares if I'm an adult, who cares if I'm in a restaurant that is part of the Chaîne de Rôtisseurs, if I'm ordering ribs I have to eat them using my hands, call me what you want, but it's the only way. I've had the Salud pork ribs 16,80e before and I can honestly say that they are the best ribs I have ever tasted. They are succulent with just the right amount of sweetness in the sauce and Salud portions are big but the rib plate is huge! I remember my brother was really hungry and he ordered one of the steaks. When the waitress brought our dishes I swear he almost burst into tears when he saw how big mine was and how small his steak was (in comparrison to my dish of course). But at the end of the night he was totally full from the steak. Anyway, back to the ribs. They are served with "curly potatoes", which are actually Salud special french fries and they are devine. It is one of my all time favourite dishes and I'm scared that I will never order anything else at this restaurant even though there is an array of delicious dished available.

Verdict: Awsome salad buffet (free when ordering main course) with delicious marinated mushrooms. And of course best pork ribs ever!

No comments: