Wednesday, September 27, 2006















My brother bought a computer on Monday and it has been trouble from the get go. We've been at the store everyday sorting things out now and the problem seems to be getting worse. Upside for me is that I get an excuse to have lunch in town. Today I decided we have to try what they say is the restaurant bar with Tampere's BIGGEST sandwiches, 2h + k.

My brother was really hungry so he decided to have one of the sandwiches made specially by the restaurant. He doesn't like zuchini so he decided to have the salami toast instead of the chicken 9,20e. I wasn't so hungry so I had the king prawns apetizer 9,60e.

While we were waiting my brother was the whole time on the phone trying to fix the computer issue so I had to entertain myself, which proved to be very easy. By the door (next to a wide selection of cigars) is a table filled with the latest news papers and magazines for every taste. Also I noted that they have catered for those who want to engage in the Finish pub passtime, board games (trivial pursuit, kimble etc...)

When the food arrived I swear my brother's jaw dropped at the actual size of the toast. It really was the biggest toast I've ever seen. My apetiser came with the 6 king prawns still sizzling in a mini pan, some house bread and aioli. At first I felt the same food envy that my brother felt at Salud a couple of weeks ago. I thought that maybe the 6 prawns and bread wouldn't fill me up, but I was wrong. The smell of the food was really good especially as I love the smell of cooked garlic. The bread was supple and tasted fresh. Dipping the bread into the sizzling butter sauce in the pan was good. The garlic and chili combination of the butter sauce was nice as was the aioli. The prawns were so plump, but slightly over cooked to my liking. Even though I was quite full at the end I still would have wished for more prawns, but as an apetizer it was a good size.

Verdict: Good food, good service, good selection of entertainment and honestly the big toasts are trully worth seeing!

No comments: