Saturday, September 30, 2006

THE RAKAS RUOKA MISSION STATEMENT
There are numerous restaurants in Tampere and the surrounding areas. Now, according to someone the average Finn goes out to dinner only a few times per year. So, my question is who eats at these restaurants? I mean someone ought to go and support the Finnish restaurant economy and that sounds like a job for... me (see that there, I was trying to come up with a kick ass superhero name). Also someone's got to find out where the good food is at.

So, my aim is to try out every restaurant in Tampere... well except for one. I don't think I can ever go to Hella & Huone. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that the restaurant is bad, quite contrary, I highly recomend it. Good food, EXELLENT staff (especially the bumbling student waitress), nice atmosphere... hmm... did I mention EXELLENT staff? Ok ok. So the reason I can't ever dine at Hella & Huone is because I already spend about 10h a week there. Did I mention that the staff rules? OK ok... so I might be a little biased because I work there... but that's a minor detail. No, but really, honestly the food is top class gourmet. Everything is 110% French (aside from the Madeira) even the washing up liquid used to wash the dishes, trust me, I know.

No comments: